ST. PETERSBURG —
Who goes to the airport to check out dessert? The Chef’s Kitchen—that’s who!
Welcome to The Hangar Restaurant & Flight Lounge, situated on the second flooring of Albert Whitted Airport in downtown St. Petersburg.
This decadent Chocolate Torte is a no-bake, pre-make quantity that comes proper on the good time.
We need to hold the vacations particular, however many people are working out of a “twin-mum or dad employed outdoors of the home” state of affairs.
We’re perhaps too distant to journey to our households, and so we have now to do our greatest in out restricted time. This might assist.
Chocolate Decadence Torte Recipe
Courtesy Government Chef Matthew Smith
- 2 LB semi-candy chocolate, chopped or chips
- 1 LB butter, entire and salted
- three C. heavy cream
- 10 egg yokes
- ½ C. sugar
- three oz. Frangelico, or espresso
- Place chocolate in a mixing bowl and set over a double boiler on medium warmth.
- Add butter and soften slowly, stirring sometimes.
- Take off warmth when you’ve a clean melted chocolate consistency.
- Warmth heavy cream virtually to a boil.
- In one other mixing bowl, whip egg yokes, sugar and Frangelico collectively till properly-included.
- Slowly add heavy cream to the egg combination (tempering you egg yokes)
- Maintain the egg combination shifting so your eggs simply heat up and thicken however don’t scramble.
- Slowly fold your egg combination into your chocolate combination
- Spray chocolate molds with pan coating and fill with chocolate (Silicone molds are best to make use of for this recipe)
- Freeze set.
Come out mould, and serve together with your selection of sauce and/or whipped cream. The Hangar used a do-it-yourself raspberry sauce with whipped cream.