Irma replace as of 5 a.m.
Irma has been interacting with the north coast of Cuba since final night time.
This interplay has triggered a bit of weakening and can proceed to by means of the subsequent 6 to 12 hours. Irma’s movement has shifted just a little to the WNW versus the west.
On this monitor, the middle itself might keep simply offshore the northern coast of Cuba, shut sufficient for some weakening.
As Irma strikes over hotter waters between Cuba and Florida strengthening can be attainable however wind shear will start to counter that later tonight, hopefully weakening some extra.
Like we’ve been saying, sooner or later, the flip to the NW and N will happen inside the subsequent 24 hours. Precisely when turns into extraordinarily essential as to the place Irma crosses the Florida Shoreline.
Irma could also be shifting NNW paralleling the acute SW coast of Florida which suggests, whilst Irma will get nearer to the shoreline, we nonetheless might not know precisely the place the landfall will finally find yourself being. We should anticipate an precise northerly flip.
It seems very probably now that the whole Tampa Bay space can be coping with hurricane circumstances Sunday night time into the primary a part of Monday.
The continued westward development now places the storm surge menace in place for our complete coast and Tampa Bay.
At present as you put together for Irma, we do have an opportunity for scattered showers and thunderstorms unrelated to the hurricane.
WATCHES AND WARNINGS
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY:
The Hurricane Warning and the Storm Surge Warning are prolonged northward alongside the Florida West coast from Anclote River to Chassahowitzka.
The Hurricane Warning is prolonged northward alongside the Florida East coast to the Flagler/Volusia County Line.
A Tropical Storm Watch has been issued north of Fernandina Seashore to Altamaha Sound, Georgia.
Further Watches and Warnings could also be required for parts of the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina, in addition to parts of the Florida Gulf Coast later immediately.
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A Storm Surge Warning is in impact for…
- Volusia/Brevard County Line southward across the Florida peninsula to Chassahowitzka
- Florida Keys
- Tampa Bay
A Storm Surge Watch is in impact for…
- North of the Volusia/Brevard County Line to the Flagler/Volusia County line
- North of Chassahowitzka to Suwannee River
A Hurricane Warning is in impact for…
- Flagler/Volusia County Line southward across the Florida peninsula to Chassahowitzka
- Florida Keys
- Lake Okeechobee
- Florida Bay
- Cuban provinces of Camaguey, Ciego de Avila, Sancti Spiritus, Villa Clara, and Matanzas
- Central Bahamas and Ragged Island
- Northwestern Bahamas
A Hurricane Watch is in impact for…
- North of the Flagler/Volusia County Line to Fernandina Seashore
- North and west of Chassahowitzka to Indian Cross
- Cuban provinces of Holguin and Las Tunas
A Tropical Storm Warning is in impact for…
- Cuban provinces of Holguin, Las Tunas, La Habana, and Ciudad de la Habana
A Tropical Storm Watch is in impact for…
- North of…