Final Up to date: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 2:fifty five PM EDT
Metropolis voters prepared to courageous the moist roads took to the polls Tuesday to vote within the St. Petersburg mayoral race.
Six candidates, together with the incumbent, are vying to serve the subsequent 4 years as St. Petersburg mayor.
Present mayor Rick Kriseman is bidding for a second time period, whereas former mayor Rick Baker is making an attempt to reclaim his workplace.
They’re joined on the poll by Jesse Nevel, Anthony Cates, Paul Congemi and Theresa Lassiter.
By 2 p.m. Tuesday, simply lower than 10,000 individuals had forged ballots. That is along with 37,000 ballots that have been mailed in. | Turnout breakdown
If any candidate will get greater than 50 % of the vote, they win the workplace outright. If not, the winner will probably be determined within the Nov. 7 common election.
In the meantime, with incumbent District 6 Metropolis Councilman Karl Nurse terming out in 2018, a number of candidates are operating in 2017 to take his place.
The candidates for the race embrace:
- Justin Bean, businessman
- Jim Jackson, former Pinellas County Faculty Board candidate
- Robert Blackmon, actual property investor
- Eritha Cainion, activist
- Gina Driscoll, St. Petersburg Downtown Neighborhood Affiliation President
- Corey Givens Jr., President, Lakewood Terrace Neighborhood Affiliation
- James Scott, USF St. Petersburg graduate, clear power activist
- Maria Scruggs, President, St. Petersburg Department NAACP
Bay Information 9 reporter’s Saundra Weathers and Trevor Pettiford are overlaying tonight’s races — ensure that to comply with them on Twitter and watch their studies.