Two families displaced after overnight fire in Lakeland


Final Up to date: Saturday, March eleven, 2017, 6:26 AM EST

Two households have been displaced after an in a single day hearth at their houses in Lakeland. 

  • Two households displaced after in a single day hearth in Lakeland
  • Hearth sparked in duplex; triggered smoke, water injury to adjoining duplex
  • Nobody injured within the hearth

Polk County Hearth Rescue stated the hearth began round 1:15 a.m. within the kitchen of one of many houses at 1525 Moonlite Drive. 

Crews stated there was heavy smoke and hearth coming from the rear of the home. 

Firefighters have been capable of shortly put out the hearth earlier than it unfold. 

They stated the aspect of the duplex the place the hearth originated sustained heavy injury. There was additionally smoke and water injury all through the house. 

Hearth crews stated the hearth did not unfold to the adjoining duplex, however it did maintain smoke and water injury. 

Utilities in each models needed to be turned off because of the hearth.

Crews stated the hearth seems to be unintentional. A forty-yr-previous grandmother and her 6-month-previous grandson lived within the residence the place the hearth sparked. 

She advised firefighters that she cooked some meals round midnight after which went to mattress. 

They stated the hearth began on or across the range space. 

A forty eight-yr-previous mom and her eleven-yr-son lived within the duplex subsequent door. 

Crews stated nobody was injured within the hearth. 

LATEST NEWS: POLK COUNTY



Source link